Dear Pundians, it’s almost the end of March. Time to recap the activities this month. Pundi X INSIDER monthly newsletter is here again to help you to catch up with all the progress we made.
- New Pundi X POS model revealed. To provide seamless integration for the physical store retailers to migrate to blockchain-based payments, we added two slots which allow the merchants to accept EMV chip cards and traditional magnetic stripe cards to support most card payment methods. This makes Pundi X POS the smartest blockchain-based point of sale terminal in the world.
- On March 1, we opened Pundi X POS terminals for individual orders for Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Indonesia, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Britain, Denmark, Ireland, Greece, Portugal, Austria, Spain, Sweden, Finland, Malta, Cyprus, Poland, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, Slovenia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Bulgaria. Due to the limited supply for our pilot roll-out in Q2, 30 units were available for registration every day and close on March 23. We have received over 650 individual registrations in total. Due to the strong demand, we are planning to increase the amount for upcoming individual order registrations in May.
- We will ship 4,000 blockchain-based POS devices in Q2 2018. The pilot roll-out devices will be sent to businesses in Japan, Korea, Singapore, and Switzerland, enabling both the retailers and the consumers to do cryptocurrency to fiat or fiat to cryptocurrency transactions easily.
- We started performing token swap on March 20. You can swap one PXS token for 1,000 NPXS tokens till September 20, 2018. Around 60% of PXS tokens has been swapped for NPXS in 7 days. The circulating supply of NPXS is 41,324,434,982 as of March 28.
- De-listed PXS from Bibox, Coinnest, and IDEX.
- Resolving the ongoing issue of clogged network resulting in a swap data sync delay on March 23.
- Reached out to CoinMarketCap, Etherscan and Blockfolio for updating NPXS data and get verified.
- Listed NPXS on Coinnest and IDEX. Announced new exchange listing with Coinbene on March 22. Coinbene is one of the largest exchange platforms in Southeast Asia. The daily trade volume is over 35 million US dollars and ranked one of top 30 exchange in the world.
- Continue talks with new exchanges for listing NPXS.
- February unlocked tokens of 7.316% had been delivered in the first week of March.
- To facilitate the acceleration of blockchain technology adoption in Indonesia, Asosiasi Blockchain Indonesia (A-B-I) officially kicked off its operation on March 21. Founded by six blockchain companies including Pundi X, Blocktech Indonesia, Bitcoin.co.id, Blockchain Zoo, Luno, and Indonesian Blockchain Network, A-B-I is a place for entrepreneurs and businesses to innovate, progress and create a leading blockchain technology ecosystem in Indonesia.
Media coverage and interviews (English)
- An Indonesian POS provider is bringing crypto payments to the retail counter by Techaeris
- Pundi-X (PXS): Buy Bitcoin Easily interview with Boxmining
- Live: How To Safely Swap PXS by CryptoGrinders
- Indonesian blockchain association launches, pushes for regulation on tech implementation by e27
- Indonesia’s First Blockchain Association Launches, Pushes For Fintech Regulation by Bitcoinnews
- Pundi X gets listed on one of the largest cryptocurrency exchange platforms in Southeast Asia by AsiaOne
- Pundi X will ship 4,000 blockchain-based POS devices in Q2 2018 by Yahoo Finance
- Pundi X mentioned by Cindicator as one of the promising blockchain applications.
- Fintech Indonesia tweeted about Pundi X’s announcement
Media coverage (Indonesian)
- Bos Kadin: Blockchain technology can benefit all industries by Liputan6
- Educating the blockchain technology, the Indonesian Blockchain Association (ABI) officially launched by Tech in Asia Indonesia
- Association of Blockchain Indonesia officially launched by Kompas
- 6 Companies initiated the founding of Association Blockchain Indonesia by Berita Satu
- Association of Blockchain Indonesia officially launched by Detik
Upcoming events in April
Constantin (Kiki) Papadimitriou, President of Pundi X has been invited to speak at the Euromoney Indonesia Financing and Investment Forum 2018 on April 4 in Grand Hyatt Jakarta. Constantin will speak with IBM, Bank of Indonesia, Bank Mandiri and 500 Startups in a panel discussion- “Can Indonesia embrace blockchain technology and how are traditional financial players responding to the challenge from the fintech?”
Hope you enjoy reading our monthly report!