Dear Pundians, Though it’s still only about halfway through the year, 2021 is shaping up to be another productive year for the Pundi X team. Spurred by the changes started in 2020 and anticipating the rising demand for blockchain-based solutions, our team has worked hard to introduce upgrades to the XPOS ecosystem, Pundi X tokens, Function X blockchain, and more. […]
Though it’s still only about halfway through the year, 2021 is shaping up to be another productive year for the Pundi X team. Spurred by the changes started in 2020 and anticipating the rising demand for blockchain-based solutions, our team has worked hard to introduce upgrades to the XPOS ecosystem, Pundi X tokens, Function X blockchain, and more. All of these are small but crucial steps in educating people on the power of blockchain and digital currencies.
In the first half of 2021, we’ve accomplished about 70% of the items which we had set out in our previous roadmap. Some items took longer than expected due to changing compliance requirements in different countries. Some items that we are planning to migrate to the upcoming Function X blockchain take time to explore interoperability and how we can leverage to amplify the utilities.
- Implemented mechanisms complying with FATF travel rules
- Upgraded XPOS® API for security enhancements
- Provided on-chain deposits on both distributor and merchant portals
- Set up XPOS® distribution networks in Argentina, Ghana, and Turkey.
- Launched f(x)Wallet, a fully decentralized wallet, supporting buying crypto with credit card and transactions via multiple blockchain networks as well as on-chain staking.
- Reduced Pundi X token supply by 1000:1 redenomination. New token is PUNDIX with a total supply of 258 million units. Completed Chainlink Price Feed deployment for PUNDIX and kicked off staking for PUNDIX and FX token holders.
- Added Turkish language support
Work in progress:
- Set up more XPOS® distributor networks in Europe
- Expand XPOS® platform to more Android-based MPOS devices
- The PSA license application is continuously being reviewed and company executives have been scheduled to have interviews with the Monetary Authority of Singapore
- Launch XPOS® transaction mining reward
- Increase PUNDIX founder token buyback initiatives
Here is a list of the targeted milestones in our Q4 2020 to Q1 2022 roadmap. Please take note of our disclaimer* when you are considering the forward-looking roadmap seen below.
- Deploy the Pundi X on Function X network allowing high speed XPOS transactions.
- Test decentralised and DeFi functionalities on the XPOS®
- Proposals on NPXSXEM (now BEP2) utilities on Binance Smart Chain (BEP20)
- Introduce decentralized XPOS® module
- Support more ERC-20 tokens efficiently via decentralized module
- Support f(x) Wallet on-chain transactions via XPOS®
- Establish a network of licensed master distributors for XPOS® expansion
- Launch Pundi X Rewards program which can be claimed by PUNDIX token holders
- Create PUNDIX token collateralization use case
- Integrate XPOS on Android-based white-lable POS device
- Complete security audits for new de-fi products
- Add more language support across Pundi X products and services
- To be announced in Feb 2022.
Roadmap contains forward-looking statements regarding Pundi X expected progress, future features and our business plans.
These statements reflect Pundi X current expectations with respect to future events; they are based on assumptions and are subject to risks, uncertainties and change at any time as the company operates in a changing regulatory environment and highly evolving technical space. Pundi X is obligated to comply with regulatory requirements or require permissions of new services, which may cause delay or transferring to other organizations to continue the newly developed services.
Given these risks and uncertainties, you are cautioned not to rely on these forward-looking statements. Actual results, performance or events may be different from what is predicted in the forward-looking statements.
The forward-looking statements cannot constitute technological, financial, investment, legal or other advice. Please consult with experts in appropriate areas before implementing or utilizing the forward-looking statements.